What is Tattoo Removal?
Tattoos can seem a great idea when you are getting them done but can soon turn into a regretful decision, later on in life. If you wish to have a tattoo removed from any part of your body then the cosmetic tattoo removal procedure is an excellent choice for you.
With tattoos becoming increasingly popular many people have reported regret over a spur-of-the-moment decision they made. Thanks to the advances in cosmetic technology, it is now easier and more efficient to remove the seemingly permanent marks from your skin.
When should I have a Tattoo Removal?
There are certain factors which will help to determine whether you should consider undergoing a cosmetic tattoo removal procedure, such as:
- Keeping in mind that no tattoo removal procedure is expressly complete and there may still be residual marking of some dense tattoos left behind even after it is removed as much as possible.
- You may require undergoing multiple sessions of the treatment in order to get the best results. There is usually a gap of around 4 to 6 weeks between each of these treatment sessions, as it allows the previously treated skin to recover naturally.
- There are several factors, such as age, location of the tattoo, its size, etc, which determine the level of success which will be attained when removing the tattoo.
- New tattoos are more difficult to be removed, as compared to older tattoos.
- Being aware of the risks of potential side-effects and the rate of success in your particular case.
Can I get a Tattoo Removal?
To be a considered as a good candidate for a cosmetic tattoo removal procedure, these are some of the points that are required to be fulfilled by you:
- Wish to remove permanent tattoo/makeup.
- Having no underlying medical conditions that may get aggravated through a cosmetic procedure.
- Having realistic expectations with the end results of the procedure.
How is a Tattoo Removal performed?
Thanks to the constantly developing cosmetic technology, today there are several options used to provide effective and efficient cosmetic tattoo removal treatments, including:
Laser Tattoo Removal
This is one of the best and most commonly used cosmetic tattoo removal technique. In this, a special powerful and highly precise laser handheld laser emitting device is used. It aims to break down the pigment colors inside the skin using the heat generated through its laser light beam.
There are two techniques used for performing laser tattoo removal, namely:
- Passive Laser Treatment – This is the simpler and more inexpensive technique for laser tattoo removal. This is best suited to remove lighter colored and faded tattoos, in a shorter time.
- Active Laser Treatment – This is the more advanced and comprehensive version of laser tattoo removal. An active laser works to discolor the tattooed pigment within the skin until it loses all its color and turns into a shade similar to your natural skin pigment. Although this technique may require multiple consecutive sessions for optimum benefits, it is considered to be an ideal tattoo removal procedure.
Intense Pulsed Light Therapy
The IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) therapy uses a wide spectrum of light to remove the upper dermis (skin) layer. This results in the pigment in the skin to disintegrate and get absorbed into the bloodstream, thus being removed from the body naturally. After the procedure, the natural healing process kicks in and the operated area heals completely with new skin generation.
An advanced form of tattoo removal cosmetic procedure, cryosurgery uses intensely low temperatures to enable smoother removal of top skin layer which has the tattoo pigment injected in it. As the freezing agent is applied on the skin, it becomes essentially hard, allowing the surgeon to remove the upper skin layers using dermabrasion methods.
As this is a comparatively extensive procedure, the cosmetic surgeon might choose to administer general anesthesia to prevent pain or feeling of discomfort for you, while the procedure is underway.
In dermabrasion technique for tattoo removal, the cosmetic surgeon will use a special handheld device with a rotating wheel/brush fitted on the top. When this device is switched on and put against the skin, the rotating brush helps to remove the skin layers through high friction.
This procedure is usually performed after administering general anesthesia to you in order to prevent feeling of pain during the procedure.
Although there may be several methods to perform cosmetic tattoo removal, the type of procedure required by you will be decided after a detailed consultation with our learned and expert cosmetic specialists.
Why choose Aesthetica 360?
Aesthetica 360 is the leading cosmetic clinic in India, with a plethora of top-class and highly-successful cosmetic treatments provided here. Using the most advanced cosmetic technology, our expert cosmetic surgeons and highly-trained dermatologists help each patient regain and retain their confidence and good looks.
To learn more about getting the best, most effective and affordable cosmetic tattoo removal in India at Aesthetica 360, you can choose to call us, or mail in your query, using the contact details given.